Monday, January 30, 2006

(A Brighter outlook) Life's a bowl of...

...ORANGES

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone.
And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow.
But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself.
It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
-"Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes

There has been a shift in the cosmos...or at least a lift in my mood. As many of you know, I have been feeling down for quite some time. I have had a very trying year so far with death in the (extended) family, the end of a very close friendship, and struggling through a job that I loath, and the trials of looking for a new one...but this evening on the way home from work, the lyrics above struck a chord in me... YES!, I may be stuck in a rut, YES!, I may be missing several people in my life quite a lot, NO! I may not know who I am or where my life is going, but I can't let that keep me in a funk. It is an extremely unhealthy state to be in and as of today, I have decided to try my best to keep a more balanced view on things. I have my health (or at the very least I don't have any nagging ailments), I have a loving family and great friends (despite my ridiculousness at keeping in touch with them, they seem to stand by me), and I feel better when I am in a good mood (trying to remember that is the hard part even though it seems like an obvious statement).

Here's to silver linings (and any other cliché that may be appropriate)!

Bowl of Oranges - Lynda Cole

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

*Originally posted at: Twisted ramblings from the mouse that runs the brain

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home