Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Busy little...BRUNETTE?

I am red no more...nor blonde for that matter...


As long as I can remember, I have fought with my hair colour... I started colouring it in my teens because I thought it lacked a certain oomph (it's dishwater blonde naturally, with a definite red undertone, for anyone who cares). I started by bringing out the red full force, but quickly grew tired of it. Much to my dismay, the red wouldn't go away...try as I might to cover it up, the red always seemed to creep back in unless I went
very light blonde (which has a tendency to look a little on the green side).


My last visit to the salon resulted in an end of my struggle to cover the red, when Stan convinced me to embrace the red, and love it...that did the trick. Stop fighting it, and it will go away. Not completely, but the vibrant red faded within two weeks to my usual strawberry blonde..which everyone commented on as looking very natural (duh, it pretty much was!)

I've grown tired of it again, and the spring weather has inspired me to change it once more. This time, a little lot more drastic than the usual blondish shades...and so there is a new me to face the glorious days of spring ahead! I present the new BRUNETTE me!!!

There is still a definite red undertone, but it would be a stretch to call it RED...but, I wonder how long it will be until this fades to red, and eventually strawberry blonde perhaps...must be my Irish heritage coming through.


Now I must be off to finish the work I brought home with me...busy, busy, busy...work, work, work. I will have to look at HNT posts later.

Happy Half-Nekkid Thursday to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Blogger The Melody Censor said...

Comments were lost to the great bloggy abyss...boo!

Thanks to everyone who left one here though!

S

Mon Apr 24, 06:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home