Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lego "Relativity"

I found the most amazing, and amusing thing yesterday. As some of you know, I love LEGO! I know it's childish - I'm ok with that! I am also an admirer of M.C. Escher's work. So I was natural excited when I fell upon the website of Andrew Lipson. He and Daniel Shui have replicated four of Escher's works in LEGO - he makes it very clear on the top of his site, that they are in no way affiliated with LEGO!!! The latest creation is perhaps one of Escher's most widely recognized pieces, and the detail used in recreating it is quite remarkable.

Other creations:



3 comment:

Blogger Cherrie said...

Hey I saw this exhibit too, it was called "Illusions" but I wasn't allowed to take pictures!!! It was awesome to walk aroun d them and realise how they were constructed...

Sun May 21, 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This is so cool, I can't wait to show it to my son, he's a Lego-maniac.

Mon May 22, 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Shay said...

Oh that is so very cool!!

Thu May 25, 02:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home