Thursday, May 11, 2006

SF fun continued...Day 4

Okay, here's some more on my little adventure south of the boarder...

Tuesday, May 2 (California - Day 4)
Mr J. decided the night before that he should take it easy for the morning, so we had breakfast together and then went our seperate ways for the morning. He said he was going to find himself a coffee shop to occupy for a few hours and do some reading...instead he went back and hung around the hotel room.

I took the opportunity to do some SHOPPING!!! We had ventured into a few stores the day before, and I had been seriously bitten with the shopping bug. I had intended to hit at least a music store on this day anyway because it was the release date of the new Pearl Jam album (which is pretty darn good!). After spending some time in Vigin Records I went back to Urban Outfitters where I had fallen in love with a jacket the day before (I'm so weak!). I also hit H&M, and Victoria's Secret before it was time to make my way over to the Asian Art Museum - the decided upon rendez vous where I was to meet Mr. J at 1:00.

The route to the museum from the Union Square shopping area took me along a stretch of Market Street that I can safely say is the worst area I have ever walked through by myself. I am not easily intimidated, and standing at nearly 5'-9" with broad shoulders, I am not a small woman that could easily be victimized, and I know that I was over probably reacting (the mouse has been known to dream up wild stories before...), but even with all these factors combined, I held my hot coffee at the ready to throw at anyone that took it into their mind to attack. Yes, I'm a chicken it turns out! Thankfully nothing happened, and I was able to enjoy my coffee once I arrived at the museum. I did however get looked over several times like a piece of meat in a butchard window, and a "How you doin'?"- I said fine thanks when really I was a little uncomfortable to say the least.

I met up with Mr. J at the Museum and we spent a few hours going through everything there...It was really very interesting. I like going to museum exhibits from different cultures. There's something about the unfamiliar that I find very interesting...although, I also like going to museums and galleries when I am familiar with the subject matter as well...I guess I should just say that I like museums???
After the museum, we went for a coffe in Union Square. While I was waiting for the coffees inside, Mr. J was outside guarding the much saught after table, writing in his note book. He has this neat little noot book thing that has a velcro flap for pens etc. I say etc. because he often keeps more than pens in ti...such as a utility knife, which is what he found in it on this particular day - the fourth day of our trip to another country!!! Yikes!!! Thankfully we had no problems getting through security at the airport. He left the knife with the hotel desk when we checked out - ummm, good idea!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We walked up the hill through China Town after coffee and eventually made it back to the hotel. By that time I was feeling horrible. I forgot to ask for no fat milk in my mocha, and that was enough to do me in for the entire evening. We tried to go out for dinner, but as soon as we made our drink orders, my stomach decided I needed to go lay down. Poor Mr J. wound up eating Subway for dinner and we watched Monty Python on Public Access; not the best night of the trip.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home