Sunday, May 21, 2006

Now I know my ABCs...

This little game has been going around for a while, and I thought I'd give it a go. Lecram assigned me the letter N.

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along. Of course If you want to comment but not be assigned a letter, that's an option too. So I'll only assign letters to those who specifically ask for them.


NERD NAIVE NORTH NEEDY NARCISSISTIC NUDE NICE NEW NOON NONCHALANT NURTURING NATTER NEKKID NATURE NASTY NOMINAL NIMBLE NUBILE NEAT NERVY NATTY NAKED NEEDS NATURAL NUANCE NUISANCE

NERD - This is a word that I hear and say on a fairly regular basis. When it is being used in reference to me, it quite often (more times than not) has the prefix "design" attached to it. While I was still in design school, Mr. J decided that I was becoming a bit nerdy in my love of well designed spaces and dubbed me his little "designerd"...this little moniker seems to have stuck over time, and I have come to think of it, not as an insult or in a teasing manner, but rather as a term of endearment. I've even got the nerd glasses to go along with the title.

NIMBLE - In mind not in body. I pride myself on being able to think quick on my feet, and this has enabled me to prove myself as one who works well under pressure. I'd also like to think of myself as a witty individual. I don't know if others around me would back me up on this one or think or me as just sarcastic.
NATTY/NEAT - My appearance in my professional life as well as my more casual side is something that I hold in very high importance. It seems to be an ongoing joke that dressing "designerly" translates into dressing all in black; and while black on black is not an unusual colour combination for my attire, I try to add my own personality into everything I wear. I'm not one to follow fashion trends just because they are fashionable (I have never worn, and will never wear pointy high heel shoes). I make a lot of my own clothes, and it's not unusual for me to go shopping for ideas rather than clothes. I'll take those ideas and combine them into one item I like better and make it myself.

NERVY - As in bold, not as in nervous. Some may see this side of me a loud and obnoxious. Yes, I am loud, and have been know to be obnoxious as well. But I think it goes a little beyond that. I'm not a timid person who stands at the side lines. If there is something I want, I go after it. And I'm usually up for the challenges that stand in the way.

NAIVE - I don't consider myself a naive person. I am generally aware of my surroundings, and have not had anyone take advantage of me. This sometimes comes off as cynicism, or a cold attitude. I work hard for what I have (which, at this point, really isn't that much), and am not going to part with it easily. Maybe that makes me a bitch...oh well.

NEEDY - Not in the most traditional sense of the word however. I need to have friends in my life, I need love, but I don't need to have them all the time. I also need my space. I enjoy time on my own as much as I enjoy time with others.

NATURE - I love the outdoors. Spring is by far my favorite season. Everything is fresh and new. I love the sun - my freckles are already out in full force. I don't. however, like to camp. I like to hike, bike, sit in the sun...but I need a bed, a roof, and running water when it get time to go to bed. Maybe that's part of being high maintenance needy from above?

NURTURING/NICE - While in school the girls gave me the nic-name "G-ma Susan" because I was always ready for whatever came up like a grandma. The answer to whatever the question - "Do you have a spoon?, Do you have a bandaid?, do you have a snack you could share with me?" - was always yes. I guess this goes back to my days as a Brownie (Girl Scout) - "Always Be Prepared".

NUDE/NAKED NEKKID - The main reason this blog was started. I encountered a number of problems trying to upload photos on my previous weblog, and turned to blogger to host a site for my participation in Osbasso's widely popular Half-Nekkid Thursday. I have always had a bit of an exhibitionist hiding inside of me, but have rarely had opportunity to unleash it. HNT has allowed me to not only explore this long dormant side of myself, but to develop and express my love for photography. If only I could find a subject that isn't me.

NARCISSISTIC - Because of my participation in HNT, my self confidence has blossomed into a force to be reckoned with. This sounds shallow - I know - but for many years I have not had the best picture of myself in my mind. Exploring the human form using me as a subject has rekindled a long lost sense of pride in me. I have learned to appreciate what I have, and have come to accept that there will always be things about myself that I don't like, but no one else has to see them if I don't want them to.

6 comment:

Blogger Cherrie said...

Hey - I don't know you, but your blog is pretty interesting. :)

Can I have a letter please?

Thanks. :)

Sun May 21, 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Great letter post! :)

Sun May 21, 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

Cherrie your letter is ... G!

Sun May 21, 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I can't beleive it's taken me this long to come across your blog- it's fantastic!

Hit me with a letter and I'll see what I can do!

Mon May 22, 03:31:00 AM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

Good morning Lisa! I'm a long-time lurker on your site...lol. I pulled the letter T for you...have fun!

Mon May 22, 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

You did quite well with "N"!

Mon May 22, 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home