Saturday, June 10, 2006

Painfully smart

Last week I decided that I should archive some of my digital photos I have stored on my computer onto CD. The last thing I would want would for something to happen to my hard drive and lose over 2 years worth of pictures. Seems like a reasonable plan...

Today I realized that I inadvertently deleted the folder containing a photo project that I have been working on since early October with out making a backup CD...and it has been deleted from the recycle bin too.

I freaked out! I cried! I called Mr. J in hysterics to look for help! I threw things around my apartment! I freaked out some more, cried some more! And then I managed to calm down enough to look for some way of recovering them from the lost realm. I managed to find a program to recover them which wound up costing me $40.

I'm now in the process of trying to save the little fledgling photos from being nothing but a memory...Please oh please work!!! Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted!

5 comment:

Blogger Phain said...

yikes! what a hard lesson to learn!

Sat Jun 10, 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

Yeah, don't mess with a system that works! It's a slow going process but I have been able to recover some of the photos so far...

Sat Jun 10, 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Oooh I hate it when that happens. I now do backups to an online file folder. Let me know if you want help finding one.

Sun Jun 11, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

man that sucks!!

hopefully you will be able to get them all back

Sun Jun 11, 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Oberon said...

.......oh crap!....that's why i like film.

Mon Jun 12, 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home