Sunday, June 18, 2006

Thoughts on breasts and men

Now that I've got your attention, there's something I need to get off my chest (yes - pun intended)

This has come up quite a bit in the last week or so... Mans inability to contain their appreciation of the female endowment. Maybe it is directly connected to the return of warm weather and the shedding of excess clothes. There are men who are selfprofessed breastmen, and those who claim not to be. I think the term breastman is completely redundant - like saying man man. Let me explain. I have large breasts - as if you didn't notice - and have spent the better part of my life dealing with men looking at them. ALL men. regardless of relationship to me, social status - and yes even sexual orientation (yes I have had gay men look down my shirt on more than one occation). I have come to expect it and to some degree accept it as well. There are certain men that seem to have perfected the occational subtle breast glance...and those that have not.

Sexual anthropologists suggest that this is ingrained in their nature. Development of the female mammary glands (breasts) signifies sexual maturity and that the female is ready to mate. Seems simple enough I suppose. I have also heard that the attraction to breasts - cleavage to be more specific - is an instinctual reaction that goes back to prehistoric hmans. It has been suggested that the rounded appearance of cleavage over the top of a shirt are representative of the human buttocks - a throw back from when humans typically mated from behind like most other mammals. So the push-up bra replicates a nice firm round bum!

Whatever the history behind it, I am a firm believer in the simple fact that men are indeed attracted to breasts due to instinct. The problem I have with this is not the fact that they are looking, but the fact that they can't seem - in some cases - to do it with tact. Woman like to feel sexually desirable - or at least I do - but having a man oogle them is not the best feeling in the world. It is belittleing and uncomfortable, especially when th oogaler is part of the work environment. So, all I ask is for the men who read this to keep it in check. Take a glance, that's fine, but try to do it with a little bit of subtlty. Keep it to an occational look and try not to be caught by the woman you're oogaling orby others who may be observing the interaction - it truely make those who observe lose a great deal of respect for you.

Since they are associated with sex, in many cultures bare breasts are considered
indecent, and they are not commonly displayed in public, in contrast to male
chests.


oh...and this scraes me just a little!!!

4 comment:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

That last one scared me a lot! Do I look? Yes. Am I subtle? Very. But I'm one of those strange ones that admires the whole package... and nothing is sexier than the grey matter between the ears.

Sun Jun 18, 11:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry ... were you saying something? I must have gotten distracted for a second there. Let me go back and read that again. **reading, reading**
I'm sorry were you ...?
Two words for you chicka ... dark sunglasses. LOL have a great dsy dollface.
tg

Mon Jun 19, 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger The Lily said...

*laughs* I wish I could empathise, sugar. I am decidedly not well-endowed being a 36B. Thank goodness for butt-men...

And even though i'm straight, i have a fixation with breasts, too. I find them varied and fascinating. They are just neat all around. And prettier than man parts.

Mon Jun 19, 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I have to agree. Although I am male, I try to make eye contact before I look at the rest of the eh-hem, " package".

Sun Jun 25, 02:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home