Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Impromptu family reunion

Tomorrow I will be having lunch with family. My mom's side of the family...not all of them, but some - 3 of her 5 brothers (and 2 wives) and her sister, plus her. Yup big family (Dad's is bigger). I have no recollection whatsoever of two of the uncles, and hardly know the others as well. Seems strange to most people - not knowing family members that is - but it's just the way it's been in my family. My parents moved us west (from Newfoundland) before my brother was even born, and although most of Mom's family eventually moved west as well, they moved further west (Interior B.C. and Vancouver). Now I have spoken to family on the phone (usually at Christmas time - and they all mistake me for Mom), but I don't really know any of them (even my Aunt who has come to visit about 3 times since I was 15) Tomorrow should be interesting!

My Aunt arrives some time today, and will be stating with either my sister or my brother and I...

Some of my Dad's family will also be close to the city this week as well. I haven't heard plans of getting together yet, but it's sure to happen at some point.

There's sure to be some sort of craziness to post about by the time the weekend rolls around.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home