Friday, July 07, 2006

Yes! It was fun...but who has that kind of time?

Dress-Up Cookie Cutters I received a very cute set of cookie cutters for my birthday back in May. A set of 8 cutters in the shape of dress-up items - dress, shoe, sunglasses, even a tiara! It came in a cute little pink purse shaped tin (from William Sonoma).

I finally had a chance to try them out today! It was fun, but I just can't see how anyone has the time to do this sort of thing on any sort of regular basis. I started making the dough at about 12:00 and have only just finished decorating them about 15 mins ago - that's over 12 hours!!! And I didn't really follow the decorations to the letter because the recipe said to refrigerate the dough over night! Seriously, WHO can do this?

Also, the back of the tin directed me to the William Sonoma website to find a suitable sugar cookie recipe. I'm not a novice baker by any means, so I feel confident saying this - DO NOT USE THIS RECIPE!!! The dough would NOT stick together to roll it out, and once I managed to get some of the cookies into the oven (and then back out again!) several of them fell to pieces! I did salvage enough to put together a few fabulous cookie outfits - and here they are!!! They're so cute I don't want to eat them!

2 comment:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

Those look great... and thanks for the public service announcement. :)

Sat Jul 08, 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

mmmmmmmm *drools* coooooookiiiies

they look great

Sat Jul 08, 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home