Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Winterized - HNT #46

Winter is upon us here in Calgary...and it's not the cool wind or the small amount of snow collected on the ground...Nope...it's my body's reaction to the lack of humidity.

Calgary is not a humid place at the best of times...actually it's down right dry...but winter it almost unbearable.

It's only mid November and already my hair is a fuzzy staticy mess...
















my eyes are dry and feel like crunchy leaves under my eyelids when I blink...










my lips hurt from the wind and the cold, and it doesn't seem to matter how much balm I use...










my cuticles...oh man, my cuticles are so dry and ragged that my mitten made me bleed last week...and I've cut my nails short in an attempt to stop the chipping and peeling...so dry and brittle...









and I use lotion night and day and my skin is still dry...thirsting for moisture...












Only 5 more months till spring...

Happy HNT everyone . . .

more nekkidness? -->
HNT_1 the-otherhnt

18 comment:

Blogger Regal said...

Great photos and all true about the weather - HHNT

Wed Nov 15, 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

i get ultra dry too and i'm in florida! *~*happy hnt*~*

Wed Nov 15, 09:49:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

Woohooo! 5 more months to spring. I am glad I live down south.

Happy HNT (maybe spring will come early this year)

Wed Nov 15, 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ag said...

I sending you warm thoughts....

HHNT

Wed Nov 15, 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

great series....it's our turn here soon...eeeek

HHNT

Wed Nov 15, 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Same weather up here. Great idea ;)
HHNT!

Wed Nov 15, 11:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame, winter is horrible! Hopefully spring comes early!

Happy HNT!

Thu Nov 16, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

Lots of water always helps when I get the itchy skin miseries!! I hope your trip in December helps moisten things up for you!!!

Happy HNT!

Thu Nov 16, 12:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell you what. You come down to Louisiana for the winter and I will come live in Calgary for the summer. Promise I'll keep you moist. You are a goddess girlfriend. HHNT
TG

Thu Nov 16, 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

It's getting cold over here in the UK too. Maybe we could rub moisturiser in to each other!

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

Thu Nov 16, 03:02:00 AM  
Blogger keda said...

ooh i feel the same.

but you still manage to look so lovely. chapped or not :)

happy hnt gorgeous.

Thu Nov 16, 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger The Lily said...

I know that Calgary is beautiful, but you guys that live in weather that cold are my heroes.

HHNT!

Thu Nov 16, 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I just loves your lips!

Thu Nov 16, 07:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the winter photo series... we can all relate :)
a great HNT, loved the lotion application :)

HHNT

Thu Nov 16, 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

Sorry Im late....I couldnt comment yesterday, blogger wouldnt let me!
You know, I never noticed the mouse in your eyeball before! Too cool!
HHNT

Thu Nov 16, 08:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can get through it, Susan, together. And thanks for some beautiful lippage x

Sat Nov 18, 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

The hazards of living in Canada. I wouldn't have known.

Sat Nov 18, 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Semi-Celibate Man said...

Great photo series. It tells your tale. I like the frizzy hair pic, with just a hint of a pretty neck!HHNT

Sat Nov 18, 09:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home