Saturday, July 29, 2006

dirty, tired, burned, home early and potentially posioned

Well, day 3 of the Calgary Folk Music Festival ended early for my sister (Miss M) and I. It's hot, and we're both sun burned, filthy dirty and likely smelling horrible. Add to that the inhospitable vibe being thrown at us from our tarp neighbours to the rear (Miss M and I were taking up a 6' x 3' portion of grass compared to thier looming monster of a tarp - but nontheless we seemed to be causing them undue stress), my encounter with a seriously undercooked (pretty much raw) mouthful of chicken which was partially ingested (I think I'm fine though), and the lack of acts to hold our interest on tonight's mainstage, and you have the reason why we decided to pack it in early. This will also allow us to be fresh for tomorrow. The show tomorrow night is going to be OUTSTANDING!

Sunday's mainstage lineup: Eliseo Parro, Dar Williams, Daby Touré, Matthew Good, Ani DiFranco

I'm off to take a shower and drink a nice cold root beer, and then I think I'm off to bed early after answering a couple of emails...goodnight all. Stay tuned for the recap of the entire weekend including pictures and maybe even a video or two!

3 comment:

Blogger Osbasso said...

Looking forward to pictures and video! And to the time that I actually make it up your way!

Sat Jul 29, 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger 212degreedesigns said...

ANI DIFRANCO!?!?!?

swoon.

Sun Jul 30, 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

Yes, yes, the goddess of folk hersel, miss Ani Difranco! Tonight was the fourth time I've seen her live, and will continue to do so whenever opotunity arises!!!

Sun Jul 30, 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home