Wednesday, August 09, 2006

up past my bed time...again

tossing and turning
hour follows hour
minutes tick on
insomnia
indisposition
insomnolence
stress
tension
i can't sleep
yet i can't stay awake
dreams in a half-state of sleep
not unpleasent dreams
restlessness
sleeplessness
it's too hot for blankets
yet i need the comfort to lull me
the weight of the blanket is good
until the heat catches up
if I fall asleep now, I'll get # hours of sleep...
wakefulness
i can't sleep
yet i can't stay
...awake...

3 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you ate that cheese before you went to sleep didn't you? Never eat cheese before you go to sleep, even if it is this camenbert...dont do it.

Wed Aug 09, 03:06:00 AM  
Blogger madeline mouse said...

but...but...not fair!

Wed Aug 09, 06:59:00 AM  
Blogger Spirit57 said...

I think I was awake that night as well ...

Thu Aug 10, 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home