Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Soundtrack to my life...

ok . . . I know I've done one of these before, but I'm a sucker for a good music game . . . and I LOVED the soundtrack idea . . . so when I saw this at 3.14's Big Ball of String, I had to have a go at it myself . . .

Here's how it works...Put your iPod music player of choice on shuffle (I'll be using my computer this evening equiped with over 27G of music). The first song that you hear will be the song for your Opening Scene. Skip to the next song, this is your next category. Keep doing this until the end.

Opening Scene: Sombody That I Used to Know - Elliott Smith
I had tender feelings that you made hard,
But its your heart, not mine, thats scarred.
So when I go home, I'll be happy to go -
You're just somebody that I used to know.

Wake Up Scene: Good Enough - Cindy Lauper
Oh it's not real if you don't feel it
Unspoken expectations
Ideals you used to play with

Average Day: Hush - Third Eye Open (A String Quartet tribute to Tool)

1st Date: Cold Hard Bitch - Jet
Cold hard bitch
Just a kiss on the lips
And I was on my knees

Falling in Love: Corelli Theme - The Mars Volta
Are you sure you want to do that

Fight Scene: Jagged - Old 97's (tee hee the album is called Fight Songs!)
I couldn't drink enough to make this make sense
But I think I'm gonna give it a try

Break Up Scene: Killer Bees - The Stills
But headlights go on
and i`m half way gone
now we speak rememberese

Back together: Keep Me - The Black Keys
show me trust, show me love,
show me heaven up above.
show your soul, show your mind
show it to me all the time

Secret Love: Lonely Lonely - Feist
Distance makes the heart grow weak
So that the mouth can barely speak
Except to those who hide their needs
And I have read the golden seal
That tell of how the seedlings feel
Reminds my heart what love can yield

Life's OK: Modern Nature - Sondre Lerche
Oh, what a world this life would be
Forget all your technicolour dreams
Forget modern nature
this is how it´s meant to be

Mental Breakdown: Various Stages - Great Lake Swimmers
How high are your highest of highs,
How low are your lows

Driving: Mainstream - Thea Gilmore
Break-neck, full-tilt
Climb the ladders they built

Learning a Lesson: You Are - Built Spill
Everybody
Everybody Knows


Deep Thought: The First Taste - Fiona Apple
Full is not heavy as empty
not nearly my love
not nearly

Flashback: Calculation Theme - Metric
I wish we were lovers
But it's for the best

Partying: Too Young - Phoenix
I tried my best to smile but deep inside my heart
I felt it was shouting like a crowd dancing

Happy Dance: Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
Just move on up
and keep on wishing
Remember your dreams
are your only schemes

Regretting: C'mere - Interpol
Set the day, you know exactly how I feel
I had my doubts little girl
I'm in love with something real
It could be me, that's changing!

Long Night Alone: Tomorrow is Such a Long Time - Nick Drake
If today was not an endless highway,
If tonight was not a crooked trail,
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time,
Then lonesome would mean nothing to you at all.

Death Scene: The Sweetest Condition - Depeche Mode
It's a sad disease
Creeping through my mind
Causing disabilities
Of the strangest kind

Closing Credits: Goodnight Goodnight - Hot Hot Heat (ok...this one I modified...it really came up as introduction - Hot Hot Heat...that didn't fit at all...)
A little bit of rain I'd say is fair
But when it starts to thunder they all stare
This isn't goodnight, this is goodbye...

1 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes i think we should wander through each others music collections...it's fun to see what comes up!

Wed Oct 04, 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home