Sunday, February 26, 2006

This just in...

2006 is beginning to look like a great year for concerts!

I decided it was time to start looking into who the performers for this years folk festival are going to be…and what did I learn? Ms. Righteous Babe herself Ani Difranco will be returning to grace the stage again this summer. Great News!!! This will be the fourth time I have seen her live, and each time is a thrill. When she played the festival in 2003, she took the huge stage with just a microphone and her guitar, and completely wowed the audience. Watching someone so small create such a phenomenally gargantuan sound is completely awe inspiring.

The official list of performers hasn’t been posted yet (the site is saying early May), but other performers that have been confirmed include: Feist, Dan Bern, The Mammals, and Grupo Fantasma.

I am definitely looking forward to dusting off my festival chair and tarp on July 27th for a weekend of great music, food and hopefully sunshine! You should come join in the fun!

Image hosting by Photobucket


*Originally posted at: Twisted ramblings from the mouse that runs the brain
Comments:

The Death Cab cover is so incredible (is that redundant? I don't
know)
There's a Metric concert here in Montreal, but I'm not able to go, and
I already missed the Belle and Sebastien gig, but apart from what I'm missing,
it's definitely a good year for concerts

- Patrick
February 27
10:41 PM
Published by: Patrick

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home