Friday, March 03, 2006

California here I come...

Yup…I’m going to California…Joel, his sister ("E") and brother ("C") will be running the BIG SUR INTERNATIONAL MARATHON which is based in Monterey, California (110 miles south of San Francisco, 400 miles north of Los Angeles).

Image hosting by Photobucket

I've never really spent much time in the USA and I certainly haven't spent enough time on the west coast, so needless to say, I am extremely excited.

The run takes place on Sunday, April 30, 2006. We have a cabin booked for the 6 of us - 3 runners and 3 ground crew (a.k.a. girlfriends [myself, and "S"], and boyfriend ["Handsome J"]). If one of us wasn't organized, we would be sleeping in the park, as it seems that accomodations are somewhat hard to find right now - Thanks "S"!

I have booked off from April 28th to May 7th. We plan to do one of two things: Rent a car and drive to Seattle, then take the ferry to Victoria and fly home, or Drive to San Francisco and spend the week in and around there and fly home from there...It mostly depends on cost and how well Joel is feeling after the marathon, the last time he ran a marathon (Victoria, OCtober 2004 - his first) he could hardly walk the next day...so it's sort of a wait and see sort of thing...I don't know why he does this to himself, it's really hard on his body...but he must enjoy it I suppose...and I was EXTREMELY proud of him when he crossed the finish line in Victoria!

Image hosting by Photobucket
*Originally posted at: Twisted ramblings from the mouse that runs the brain

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home