Thursday, March 23, 2006

A troubled bridge over water...

Something has recently happened which could cause a slight annoyance in my daily life...

I stop at the North look-out point of the 14th Street bridge evey morning and snap a picture of the Bow River and Downtown. I have been doing this since September last year. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with the pictures (if anything), but I thought it would be an interesting log of my daily travels. The idea first came to me when I missed the high water mark this summer when the river flooded (I was out of town). I came to realize that even though I walk the same route everyday, it is not stagnent, but ever evolving.

There is a two tiered railing along the bridge with a 135 degree angle at the look-out point. Each morning I put my camera on the lower of the two rails, line it up with the edge and take 2 shots (just in case one doesn't turn out) in each direction from the angle.

Ok, you might be thinking..."So, what's the problem?"

The problem is that portions of the railing on the bridge have recently (in the last 2 days) been replaced. And the new railingheights do not match the old railing heights. The portion of railing that I use has yet to be changed, but it's getting pretty close to it...This railing has been the same since before I moved to Calgary (going on 9 years ago), so I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope that the new railing is just a temporary replacement while the old gets repaired or re-painted or somthing of the like...keeping my fingers crossed.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Old Railing...VS...New Railing



Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket
March 23, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
March 20, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
February 16, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
January 3, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
December 21, 2005

Image hosting by Photobucket
December 1, 2005

Image hosting by Photobucket
October 24, 2005

Image hosting by Photobucket
September 25, 2005



*Originally posted at: Twisted ramblings from the mouse that runs the brain

0 comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home