Monday, July 17, 2006

"It's pretty funny for a Canadian show and most of it doesn't suck!"

That's what the website for the new CBC series What It's Like Being Alone says, and that statement couldn't be more true. Eight orphan's (Aldous, Seymore Talkless, Princess Lucy, Sammy Fishboy, Armie, Brian Brain, Beasley & Byron, and Charlie) who call a ramshackle mansion called "The Gurney" their home while under the care of Nanny Goodapple desperately try to get adopted. Oh, did I mention that these particular orphans are a pack of monsters, freaks, mutants and beasts very unique and special...oh! and a depressed, goth teenager. Throw in a talking dead bunny and you've got a killer combination. Their misadventures can be seen Monday nights on CBC at 9:30...don't miss it, you'll be sorry you did!

Wow! Do I sound like an advert or what? Seriously though, it is really funny, anyone who likes thier animations with a dark twist should check it out! (Sorry to my non-Canadian readers...)

Links:
Official website
Princess Lucy's myspace
Aldous' myspace
Sammy Fishboy's blog
Brian Brain's blog
Brian Brain's youtube
Seymore Talkless' Flickr


**EDIT** I was just reminded (thanks N.) that I have two buttons (I love buttons!) given to me some time ago (thanks again N.), and this is how I originally heard about this crazy program...and so without further ado...

4 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry mouse they would let me bring cheese past customs.... you'll have to go hungry again. I actually caught this show in between bouts of fittful jet lag induced sleep... it was freaky in a cool way.

Tue Jul 18, 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

boo...no cheese?
Oh well, I guess I'll substitue the traditional wine with beer then. LOL

Tue Jul 18, 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm and no mention of the wonderful buttons a very good person gave to you!?

Maybe a post of that would be nice

Thu Jul 20, 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger The Melody Censor said...

as you wish...

Thu Jul 20, 05:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home