Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend in Pictures

Mr. J was home for the weekend...and the weather was gorgeous!

Friday night we went to a BBQ held by one of the construction companies we deal with at work. The food was good. I always have a hard time hanging out with co-workers on a weekend (especially scince all the management were there), but it was Friday night so I guess it wasn't technically the weekend per se...

What better way to spend a beautiful day than to go play outside? So that's just what we did. Saturday, we drove out to Canmore (about an hour North) to go hiking for the day. We decided to take it easy for it is the first hike of the season (yikes - middle of July already and it's only our first hike?) and took a simple trail that I have done before - Grassi Lakes Trail (3.8Km return). Once back down at the bottom, we headed back into Canmore to hit the patio at the local brew pub. The seasonal beer was mediocre, and a tad on the warm side, but a patio in the mountains is a patio in the mountains so I'm not going to complain too much!
We made it back to Calgary intime to have a nap before heading out to Scottsman's hill to watch the firewoorks. It's stampede time here in Calgary, and that means 10 night (weather permitting) of fire works. I can see them from my balcony, but I like to make it down near the grounds to watch them when I can. I LOVE FIREWORKS!!! I'm such a kid sometimes!

Sunday, we spent doing mostly nothing. We went to the mall in search of a hat for Mr. J, and watched Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest (very silly), had BBQ for breakfast and dinner. It was a pretty Lazy Sunday.

1 comment:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

beauty, eh?

Mon Jul 17, 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home