Sunday, October 08, 2006

Musical Monday #8 - long weekend..Hip hip hooray!

Well, it's Thanksgiving here in Canada today, that means we will stuff ourselves with Turkey and all the fixings and lounge around and sleep off the tryptophan comma to follow...it also means a long weekend! Yay!!!

We are heading to my sister's apartment tomorrow evening for the compulsory eatfest...my duty was to make the ice cream for the pie...which I nearly managed to ruin...but all is not lost and the results should be acceptable...and when I have had my fill of turkey, stuffing , yams, and pie with aforementioned ice cream and have a nice little buzz going from the accompanying wine, I will have time to listen to everyone's Musical Monday contributions...and here is mine!

I don't listen to much in the way of hip hop music...it just doesn't speak to me really. I like a bit of soul, and some early r&b, but hip hop just doesn't do it for me...
but there are exceptions to every rule...




Powered by Castpost
Artist: Buck 65
Album: Talkin' Honky Blues (Track #2 - Wicked & Weird)
Label: Wea International
Released:November 4, 2003

Born Richard Terfry, and raised in a rural Nova Scotia, Buck 65 is not what typically comes to mind when one thinks of a hip hop artist...he's a scrawny middle class white boy from maritime Canada!
His unique style of music goes beyond the traditional sounds thought of as hip hop as well...mixing in samples from every music type imaginable, including the traditional yodel recording he demonstrated at folk fest a couple of summers ago, his music is really in a genre all it own...I hate genre grouping anyway!
He is also quite the prolific songwriter, with 13 recordings in as many years under his belt, his sound is ever changing and evolving, and there is sure to be something for everyone in there.

2 comment:

Blogger X. Dell said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving, Melody Censor.

Tue Oct 10, 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. And I enjoyed your choice tis week, although everything pales into insignificance compared to your exquisite HNT, Miss Perfect Lips x

Wed Oct 11, 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home