Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nine Years...

Nine years ago today, I reluctantly left my parents house to meet a young man for an afternoon coffee. A first date...eep! I was nervous, and reluctant because I was harbouring an unrequited love for another at the time...my mom convinced me it was just coffee. So I went.

That young man, was Mr. J, and nine years later I can look back on the day of our first date and laugh at myself, and my mother. Just coffee...indeed!

Nine years seems like a long time...in fact it is my entire adult life (I met him at the tender young age of 19). It has been a wild ride, with ups and downs just like any relationship, but I wouldn't change ....well, ok I would change some of it, but I like where we've found ourselves nine years from that first afternoon coffee.



in other news... 7 more sleeps!!! EEEEeeeeeee!

2 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Nine years is a long time, I was at 3 and that seemed like forever. Here's wishing you another great 9.

-E

Tue Dec 05, 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations sugar. I'm happy for ya. I paid homage to you tonight for my HNT post. You are spectacular. Talk to ya later.
TG

Wed Dec 06, 08:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home