Wednesday, December 06, 2006

weather report - HNT #49

881b&w Tommy is out there shouting my name out...and I was thinking I might give HNT a miss tonight...guess not! Thanks Tommy for the kind words...you do indeed know how to flatter a girl...

I have nothing new for tonight as I am in the middle of doing the housework (boo!), but I do have a couple of out takes from my 365 project...these were taken December 2 (saturday).

The nasty cold spell that we had been plagued by finally lifted in the form of a Chinook...

Shi...what now?!? A Chinook (for those of you not from the Rocky Mountains) is a phenomena that can only be experienced to be fully understood...








"The term Chinook comes from an Indian word which means snow eater. The Chinook wind is a warm, dry wind that descends the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains and sweeps across the foothills and other parts of Alberta. When it moves over heavy snow cover, it can melt and evaporate a foot of snow in less than a day. Also, the temperature rises sharply, sometimes over 20 degrees Celsius in one hour. On average, southern Alberta gets 20 to 30 Chinook days per year." ~ The Weather Network


899b&w


No joke...these things are a welcome respite to the harsh winter temperatures that we were suffering through last week...

except if you happen to suffer from a little thing known as a Chinook Migraine...

which I unfortunately do...

These pictures were taken right at the begining of the process...the sun streaming in the window was more than I could resist, but the headache that was building from the rapid change in air pressure would soon have me in agony...

This will be my last HNT for at least the next two weeks...and when I return, I will either be tan or burnt to a nice red crisp...I'm wishing for the former (yes, I am packing sunblock)...I'm off to Hawaii in 6 more sleeps!!!

15 comment:

Blogger S said...

I still think you look lovely even though you are getting a migraine. Now, I always suggest that people paste a banana peel on their heads and also to eat the banana as well. That potassium does wonders for headaches, that is, if you are NOT allergic to bananas!

Happy HNT Susan!

Wed Dec 06, 09:55:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Very pretty :) HHNT

Wed Dec 06, 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Beautiful!

Enjoy your vacation.

Wed Dec 06, 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Semi-Celibate Man said...

Gorgeous pics! You really are good at B/W photography. HHNT

Wed Dec 06, 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

God bless the Chinook! Except for the migraines... Unfortunately, we sit in a bowl and sit under a temperature inversion that the winds skip over the top of. We rarely get the drastic changes that the rest of the state gets...

Take nekkid pics in Hawaii!

Wed Dec 06, 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it about the way shadows can make a picture so lovely? HHNT

Wed Dec 06, 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

These are lovely, intimate images. You look sweet and so innocent. Tell me I'm wrong...

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

Thu Dec 07, 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger keda said...

well you might feel rubbish.. but you look amazing!

beautiful babe. i hope you feel better. and have a wonderful holiday.

happy hnt babe.

Thu Dec 07, 03:58:00 AM  
Blogger Regal said...

Great photos as always. Usually I stay up and start commenting at night for HNT but last night I had a pretty good migraine so I layed down and tried not to stare at the computer screen. Happy HNT

Thu Dec 07, 04:25:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

gorgeous b&w shots. i'm so sorry about the migraines i know your pain all too well. enjoy hawaii!

HHNT

Thu Dec 07, 05:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Truly. HHNT!

Thu Dec 07, 09:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful Susan. Thanks for playing today. Hope the migraine left with the Chinook and I hope you enjoy the shit out of paradise. I'll be thinking of you. HHNT gorgeous!
TG

Thu Dec 07, 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jericho said...

will miss you! (and will be wishing I were there...)

lovely, photos...

~hhnt~

Thu Dec 07, 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Bon Voyage! Aloha! Have Fun!

Thu Dec 07, 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

Have a great time!!

Happy HNT

Thu Dec 07, 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home