Saturday, January 13, 2007

When crisi-tunity knocks...

I have been offered a job with a great company...without even putting in an application...with a 45% increase in earnings a year...

So, why am I thinking of not taking it, you may be asking?

Because it would mean moving away from everything I know and love in Calgary, to a "city" that I dislike filled with retired farmes and young breeders...becasue it is a job that I am not really qualified for and I am not confident that I will do a good job at it, or that I am worth that much $...because it will mean working with my "in-laws" in a family business environment...because it will mean being in the same city as my mom and dad who have recently split...because I don't know anyone there anymore, and I have a nice group of friends here that I will see far less often...because it is a step back from the goal of where I want to be professionally...

Then, why am I still considering it despite all of these reasons?

Becasue taking the job will allow me to live under the same roof as Mr J for the first time in 2 years...and we will be able to afford a house...with a yard...and maybe a puppy...because the rent on my crumby apartment in Calgary will be raised by 25% as of May 1st...because the money is very tempting and that sort of wage is worth a lot more in a small city than it is in Calgary...because I could afford to travel instead of traveling despite the lack of funds and incuring more debt...because I hate my current job, and it's time for a change...

I've done a pro/con list...I've talked it through with Mr. J...and I tried this...I still don't know...
HARUMPH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard decision... I do understand the pros and cons... I had to think about something similar a few years ago... money won... ;-(((

Sun Jan 28, 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home