Monday, December 25, 2006

Mele Kalikimaka Everyone!

I have been back from Hawaii for a couple of days now(arrived in Calgary Friday morning), but have been very lazy, and a bit anti-social as I am at my parents house in Medicine Hat for Krimis.
Hawaii was amazing, I even managed to get a bit of a tan WITHOUT getting sunburned...that's areally big deal for me.

Rather than go through everything that happened (Because a lot did, and vacation stories are often quite dull for those not actually there), I will list in point form (in no particular order) the most exciting events of my trip.


  • Waikiki - noisy and completely overrated...I wouldn't really recomend this as a stop to anyone... but the international market is a great place to pick up tacky souveniers
  • Hanauma Bay - a nature preserve famous for snorkeling...we saw many types of fish and a couple of sea turtles...I manages to bump both of my knees on coral, and only freaked out a couple of times (I really don't know how to swim very well, so snorkeling is a bit of a task)
  • Drive to the North Shore - Great big waves...which I find terrifying, but are really beautiful and worth seeing...surfers are also neat to see in person. waves
  • Giovani's shrimp wagon - like a hotdog stand, but serving some of the best shrimp I've had...don't have the hot and spicy though, much to hot...the lemon butter were by far the best.
  • Lanikai/Kailua - the beach and towns we spent most of our time in. Beautiful, and much less crouded than the more popular beaches. The water was a bit choppy while we were there, but Mr. J did manage to convince me to get in the kyak and row to one of the near by islands...which, again due to my lack of swimming ability, was another big exercise in bravery for me. YAY me! 65/365 - My own Island
  • Hiking to the bunkers near Lanikai - One of the most rugged hikes I've been on in recent years...about 3 miles long and the end is quite treacherous, but the view from the top was well worth it. And so was the beer in the pool when we got back to the house! Mokoluas
  • Lounging on the beach (Waikiki, Lanikai, Kailua, Hanauma Bay, Sunset Point, Waimanalo, and others I have forgotten the names of) - we stopped at many beaches along the way to various destinations, all a little different, but each great in its own way. The scenery is incredible, and each beach attracts different type of people, which makes the sport of people watching very interesting.
  • Geckos - they're cute and they eat bugs...need I say more?

There are so many more things to talk about...but I should get to bed before Sanata decides to make his appearance.

Merry Krimis everyone! 67/365 - Christmas baubles

5 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to you too angel

i missed you, and am so glad you are home,..

but really am so very glad you got to go play in the sun. you deserved it!

: )

Tue Dec 26, 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Glad you had a lovely time... looks and reads like it. Here is wishing you and yours a wonderful season. Cheers!

Tue Dec 26, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good time!

Now I'm off to look at pics...

Tue Dec 26, 01:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! Your photos are wonderful and it seems you had a wonderful time!!!

Thu Dec 28, 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Regal said...

Beautiful photos of Hawaii - and great tips.

Fri Dec 29, 05:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home