Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend in pictures

Beer at The ShipA whirlwind of weekend, when nothing particularly exciting happened.

Mr. J. was home this weekend. He arrived home Friday evening and we went to explore the local
Fringe Festival happening a few blocks from my apartment. The highlight of the night was pizza at the Wicked Wedge (whole wheat crust, spinach, grilled chicken, feta...yum!) and a arial show...no photos unfortunately due to the untimely demise of my camera batteries.


tree climbingSaturday... an early breakfast at the hottest diner in town (I say the hottest due to the line that will greet you if you don't make it there early), and an afternoon spent cleaning the apartment...oh what fun! Not terribly exciting, but something that desperately needed to be done...you should see how shiny my kitchen is!!! Then Mr. J took me out and bought me brand new dishes. I have wanted to get rid of my old ones for a long time, and he said he owed me a birthday present (he had planned on making me something, but hasn't found the time yet). Now my cupboards are filled with shiny new white dishes! The sun was shining and we decided to take advantage of it by having dinner and beer at a local pub known city wide as having the best patio for summer - The Ship & Anchor. A couple of beers in and Mr. J starts to think he's indestructible...

Sunday breakfastThis morning Mr. J. went to the grocery store and bought the fixings for a divine breakfast . . . look at the lovely new dishes! Scrambled eggs with BBQ sausage, sauted mushrooms, avocado and homemade salsa with tortillas (instead of toast).

After breakfast we headed out for a walk. I looked it up and I think we covered about 10Km... along the Elbow River Pathway




So much to see . . .


Foot bridge
Suspension bridge over the Elbow River

Cheshire Cat
Art on the pathway

A-Chooo!
. . . oh and hear. Mr. J sneezes like crazy when it's sunny out...it's really something to witness!

1 comment:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

Catch anything good at the Fringe? If you run into any performers... tell them about the Rogue. :)

Sun Aug 20, 09:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home