Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm a bad sister

I was startled out of a daydream this morning by my brother's voice on the other side of the door..."Are you almost done in there?"...he's sick - I'll spare you the gory details, but it's pretty bad. I don't really deal well with sickness, my own, or others... and the thought of him possibly having a bug (although it's likely something he ate) and me getting it freaks me out (I have been vomit free for over 10 years)...that combined with my ridiculous work load right now (truth be told it was 98% work load) I didn't make it home until after 7:30 tonight...and he needed me, he was afraid this might mean another trip to the hospital (he was hospitalized a few years ago for e-coli) and that was freaking him out...My heart broke when I saw him...I let him down, I let work get in the way of life, and I let him down...I'm a bad sister!
He's probably going to read this and be upset with me...sorry jmk, I feel like I could have done better...sorry