Monday, August 14, 2006

A love story

Once upon a time there was a young man and a young woman who had been dating for a short time (3-4 months I think). The young man was go to the city to become a mechanic...


She said "So, you're moving away?"
He said "yes"
She said "oh, ok..."
He said "...you could come with me?"
She said "oh, could I?"
He said "you could come as Mrs. K"
She laughed...thought he was joking
He cried
She realized he was serious
She said "yes"

August 16, 1973


My mom & dad were married August 16th, 1973. She wore a blue mini dress she bought at a bargin basement shop for $5, and carried a single red rose with a white ribbon. He wore a suit that had been left in the backseat when he was driving taxi. She had just turned 19, he was 22. There were 5 people in attendance. The bride, the groom, 2 witnesses and the officient.

On Wednesday, they will be married 33 years

July 9, 2006

(I know this is not really a great picture of them, but it is the only recent picture I have of both of them where one isn't making a face or blinking)

My parents' love story has always been an inspiration to me.

8 comment:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Stop. You're going to make me cry.
Once again I got the big NO to the please marry me question. Bah. Love sux. Good story though.
I took some time to peruse your pix and as lways your taste and style as a photographer is unparalleled. Beauty, eh?

Mon Aug 14, 07:10:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

awesome story i hope i get 33 years and more with mikey. congrats 2 your parents!

Mon Aug 14, 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

That is a wonderful tribute to your parents. :)

Mon Aug 14, 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Backdoor Slider said...

that is awesome.... 33 years married and many more to come

Mon Aug 14, 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Spirit57 said...

being married to my bride for 25 years ..I can only hope the next 25 are as good as the first ....

Wonderful thoughts for your parents.

Mon Aug 14, 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger chez bez said...

Nice that 33 years later, she's still showing her gams.

Congrats to them on 33 years. I've been married for 4 and we all know the accomplishment that even 4 years can be for so many.

That's a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

Tue Aug 15, 08:25:00 AM  
Blogger WDKY said...

Bless... happy anniversary to them for tomorrow.

I've been overdrawn for about 33 years. Does that count?

Tue Aug 15, 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Awwww... That's nice! Congrats!

Tue Aug 15, 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home