Tuesday, October 17, 2006

tales from the laundry room...and Flickr news

I have just returned from the basement of my building, where the common laundry room is located (poorly equiped with only 7 washers and 7 dryers to accomodate over 100 suites, hence the reason I'm still doing laundry at 11:00 at night).

I was standing infront of the first dryer, unloading and folding towels when a gentleman in his early 40s whom I had not seen in the building before tonight walks in...he walked over to the washer he knew his clothes were in and stopped in his tracks...paused, looked around...walked to the washer opened the lid...closed the lid...looked around again running his hands through his hair...

I was only half paying attention, and thought he was waiting for a dryer, so I scooped my sheets out of the next dryer and told him it was free...he looks at me with a rather perplexed look and speaks in a heavy German accent "I thought I left my basket here?" and looked at me for confirmationas if I knew if he had or not...I said I hadn't seen one, and he turned to go to the elevators.

He returned a few minutes later as I was struggling to get the bed sheets folded without dragging them on the floor (ewww...public floor on my sheets, no thanks!), this time carrying a small orange wash basin...no basket. He looked rather sad about his lost laundry basket, and really I suppose I would be in his situation too...

WHO STEALS A LAUNDRY BASKET!?! I live in the best building!

*EDIT* Thursday I was called down to the resident managers office...the launry basket thief had been caught on tape, stealing not only the laundry basket in question, but laundry from the counter, as well as opening three dryersa nd taking items from two of the...you guessed it, but dryers taken from were filled with my laundry...A blue towl, my favorite red tank top, and two items I have yet to identify...at least she didn't open the end dryer with my new expensive high thread count pink sheets!!! The manager just wanted to show me the tapes so I know it wasn't a fellow tenant that violated my personal space like that...which was nice I guess...harumph!


In other news...I started a group on Flickr tonight dedicated to Calgary Public Art, and there is already someone else posting their finds...yay I'm a nerd!

2 comment:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you - the first time I did laundry in my old apartment, someone stole all my underwear from the washer!!! Now I have insuite laundry!! YAY!

Wed Oct 18, 07:24:00 AM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

People will steal the strangest things. Over the Summer a couple of my neighbors had entire rose bushes disappear over night.

Wed Oct 18, 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home